NAMASTE MY FRIENDS

.

jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2010

Essential 5 - The Cure


The Cure seems to be the common denominator in most ipods. Everyone's heard their iconic tunes from Friday I'm In Love to Just Like Heaven but that's where the experience ends. Some of you don't know that behind those hits, lies an amazing catalog that spans almost 30 years. Dark, complex and somewhat disturbing are just some words I chose to describe their songs. Its no wonder Edward Scissor-hands was modeled after Robert Smith.  Anyways, its great to see the band still at work, churning out record after record and doing most excellent collaborations.

Not In Love (Feat. Robert Smith) - Crystal Castles

Its funny seeing how so many people envision them as a totally different band stemming from their hits, myself included. I remember the first time I saw a picture of them, I was in disbelief. Their style and these songs really did not make sense to me at the time. That is until I started listening to their other stuff. Now I cant picture them differently. I cant picture the whole genre differently. They defined it and while they are the reason ur son is wearing lipstick and mascara, they'll probably get him laid too.
Excluding the songs everyone knows and love, here is what I think to be The Cure's Essential 5.


5. In Between Days - Head On The Door (1985)


4.Close To Me - Head On The Door (1985)


3. Fascination Street - Disintegration (1989)


2. Love Song - Disintegration (1989)


1. Mint Car - Wild Mood Swings (1996)



Honorable Mentions 

Why Cant I Be You
Pictures Of You
Strange Attraction
The Lovecats
Lets Go To Bed
Boy's Dont Cry
Disintegration
Hot Hot Hot!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario